Metfolio Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 14139437.
Metfolio collects and stores some of your personal information to provide you with our services and products, to operate as a company and to help improve our services for you. We also use a number of third-party companies to carry out certain processes which may require us to share your details with them This policy outlines the information we collect and use, how we manage it, and the context in which we share it with third parties. Outlining your rights on how we manage your information and how to contact us if you have any queries or concerns.
We collect your personal data about you within the Metfolio app. Personal data means information about a living person which can be identified. The following Information will be collected when you interact with us and our services.
1. Upon contacting us:
2. Upon using our platform:
3. Upon using our website:
4. Third Party
Once you provide your consent, we will send you marketing content through our designated channels, such as SMS, email, and push notifications. This consent can be withdrawn at any point. If you would like to opt out of receiving marketing content, you can unsubscribe through the various buttons present or contact us through the platform, email, or support channels.
The only time your information is stored is when we have a lawful basis to do this, our lawful
bases to process your information are as follows:
1. Legitimate Interest in using your information for a function, but not in the case that it
outweighs your other rights and freedoms.
2. You have given Metfolio your consent.
3. There is a formal contract between you and us, making it so that we have to comply
with certain regulations and obligations.
4. We have an undertaking to comply with a legal requirement
Lawful BasisPurposeLegitimate InterestWhere we use your information for
legitimate interest we have ensured that our
uses will not infringe on your other rights and
freedoms. Our legitimate interest to use your
information is to:
1. Allow you to use our services, e.g.,
Buying and Selling Gold.
2. Market our services.
3. Carry out business functions.
4. Improve and refine our services.
5. Guard against fraudulent activity and
6. Protect and defend ourselves against
legal claims.ConsentWhere you provide your consent to us in
order to receive marketing content about our
services.ContractWhere your information is needed to carry
out a contract we enter with you.LegalWhere we:
1. reserve information to bring and
defend against legal claims.2. need to record transaction details
and information.3. need to carry out a KYC verification
as part of our compliance.
Metfolio utilises strict measures to keep your information safe. We safeguard against unauthorised access, changes, theft, and deletion of your personal data. We use measures such as:
1. Incident reporting
2. Cyber Security
3. User authentication systems
4. Disaster prevention and recovery
5. Training protocols for all staff
6. Limited access to your information
7. Inability to download your information
You will be notified in the event that an event where your information has been affected arises,
with the regulator being notified as well as potential third party providers who manage your data.
Your information is shared with the employees of Metfolio who need the information so you can
utilise our services, offer support, answer questions, and optimise the platform and its features. Also, where you give your consent, to contact you with marketing content. The information shared with third parties are to provide the following functions for our services:
1. Analytics on usage and trends
2. Traffic and Web Analytics
3. Marketing where we have your consent
4. Customer Support and Feedback
5. KYC and identity verification
6. Emailing our customers
We store your information for the time that is requires for us to store it, based on the purpose
we received the information for. Information such as:
1. To engage in a contract with you to provide our services is kept until the contract is
2. For legal and regulatory reasons, we have to keep your information for a set time after
our business relationship with you ends, typically lasting 5 years.
3. To fulfil our legitimate interests of fulfilling our services to you whilst you remain a
customer of Metfolio.
You have rights by law and this policy regarding your data. You have the right to:
1. ask us to access the information we have about you.
2. ask us to erase your information that we store.
3. ask us to send you or another entity a copy of your personal information.
4. ask us to update any of your information that is incorrect.
Please contact us via email, our support channels or SMS if you have any doubts or queries about this policy and we will assist you. The Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted if you are unhappy with the way we collect, store, and use your information. Before escalating to this point, please do contact us and we will try our best to resolve any concerns you may have.